ROBERT® is a very creative rehabilitation robot designed to attend to the early mobilization of patients. It is very beneficial for patients with stroke, motor disorders, etc. It’s very crucial to introduce the robot from day one of hospitalization, even though the patients may still be weak.
ROBERT®’s one application of Robot-assisted therapy in stroke rehabilitation is the improvement of gait function in patients with stroke. The end-effector and the exoskeleton devices have proven to be effective complements to conventional physiotherapy in patients with subacute stroke,
ROBERT® aims to challenge the existing capability of patient progression while also providing a sustainable working environment for professionals. ROBERT® facilitates the ability to do many repetitions and target the weakest joints, accelerating the rehabilitation process for patients! ROBERT® also supports healthcare professionals by lifting the burden of manual exercises.
How can Robert make a difference for patients and healthcare professionals?
Rehabilitation robots in physical therapy with ‘ROBERT®’ is hard work as it is highly intensive.
- Enhances early mobilization and improves the effectiveness of treatment
- Prevent soft tissue contracture and pressure sores
- Minimize risk of blood clots and pneumonia
- Reduce muscular atrophy and neuropathic effects
- Reduces heavy and repetitive lifts
- Free resources for other aspects of treatment or nearby tasks
- Easy maneuvering and simple interface
Treatment of Early Mobilization involves-
Moving out of the hospital as soon as possible after admission or surgery is an important step to a complete recovery.
- Preventing blood clots, bed sores, and wound infections and increasing blood flow.
- Clearing secretions, helping to prevent chest infections, and improving respiratory function
- Maintaining muscle strength by contributing to independence and confidence increase
- Increasing general well-being by activating the digestive system.
- Reducing anxiety and bringing hope for a faster recovery. Promotes being perfectly fit for discharge
Rehabilitation robots in physical therapy offer…
The resistance level of the exercise is adjusted to the patient’s functional strength. ROBERT® can perform resistance to any movement, as designed by a healthcare professional.
The patient’s function and strength determine the level of activity during the exercise. The patient cooperates with ROBERT®’s movements or relaxes in case of fatigue.
Very early mobilization of severely affected patients is facilitated. Patients with a reduced or inexistent level of function can engage in early rehabilitation.
It’s crucial to initiate rehabilitation as early as day one of the patient’s hospitalization even though the patient may be quite weak and incapable of getting out of bed on their own. This practical design of the ROBERT® helps easy movement from one room to another. So the patient can remain in bed and focus on the therapy.
ROBERT® – The Rehabilitation Robots in physical therapy mobilize patients by providing sufficient, personalized training,
Training the plantar is hard to manage in a normal setup because the patient compensates a lot. ROBERT® really helps provide quality movement while the therapist can decide on the range of motion for the exercise. This opportunity is a unique thing about ROBERT®!
Connect with us for a free demo at https://rehabmodalities.com/ to learn more about rehabilitation robots.