The Hybrid Assistive Limb – HAL® is the world‘s first cyborg-type robot that can improve, enhance and support the wearer’s bodily functions and physical capability. The Wearable Cyborg™ HAL [The Hybrid Assistive Limb] improves functional locomotion in patients with any type of disability e.g.: Orthopaedic injuries.
The patient’s intention to move – triggers bio-electrical signals from the brain that communicate with the muscles that make locomotion possible. Such signals from disabled patients may be too weak to trigger proper movement.
Cyberdyne HAL® assists in the following ways…
- The Wearable Cyborg™ HAL, helps individuals across the world regain their ability to walk through the non-invasive BES-sensing technology solution – HAL
- Cyberdyne HAL® Lower Limb is used to improve mobility wellness for patients with orthopaedic injuries and post-accident and post-surgery recovery
- The BES-sensing technology is used for Mobile wellness, which means the ability to move about without outside assistance.
- Enhances overall well-being to maintain a high quality of life and independence
Cyberdyne HAL® – Treatment
The key to promoting functional improvement through Cyberdyne Treatment is not just transmitting voluntary command signals from the human brain to the musculoskeletal system via the spinal cord and peripheral nerves, but more on the return of feedback from the sensation of actual movement to the human brain.
Cyberdyne HAL® follows a certain pattern…
- When we move our bodies, we begin by thinking about the movement.
- The Muscles then receive signals sent from the brain
- By reading the signals, HAL determines the wearer’s desired movements.
- HAL controls the power unit according to the movements it recognises to assist the wearer in moving
- Once the movement is complete, HAL® realises the wearer‘s intended motion, and the body feeds back information about the successful movement. This allows the brain to gradually learn how to send out the signals necessary for good movements. Repeating this process could help a person with a disability improve their physical function after taking off HAL.
Cyberdyne’s – Hybrid Assistive Limb, HAL® improves the locomotor activity in patients with disabilities. This neuro-rehab device helps the patients move their paralysed legs based on their intention and the device does not dictate its movements on its own.
Using the feedback system inherent in your body, your voluntary movements assisted by Wearable Cyborg™ HAL will lead to improvements in your gait patterns and walking function even in the chronic stages of the disorder. Furthermore, positive effects have been observed in neuropathic pain, bladder and bowel function, spasticity, mental health, and the cardiovascular system.
Exoskeletons/Rehabilitation robots in physical therapy are used for treating disabilities such as neurological disorders, spinal cord injuries, cerebral palsy, and gait disorders in orthopaedic injuries in general. Exoskeletons increase capabilities; assist locomotion and rehabilitation of patients with orthopaedic injuries.
At Cyberdyne, we provide advanced neuro-robotic rehabilitation technologies for the well-being of patients around the world. Our mission is simple – we empower individuals to walk on their own using HAL®, our non-invasive technology solution
Connect with us at https://rehabmodalities.com/ to learn more about our healthcare platform that gracefully connects the ‘Human and the Robot’